Year 12 Philosophy and Ethics Studies Tour (Activities Week)
Our school tour to Athens supports our curriculum plans for Philosophy students and enhances their learning experience within the school.
The purpose of the trip is to enrich the classroom-based learning and inspire a deeper interest in our studies in preparation for Year 13 of the Philosophy and Ethics A-Level course. This trip will give our students a fantastic opportunity to ‘walk in the footsteps’ of Socrates, Plato and Aristotle, three of the greatest philosophers who are referred to throughout our course.
The provisional cost is £770 per pupil. This price includes the following:
- Return coach journey to the airport from TWGSB School.
- Return flights
- Accommodation, Half Board at 3* Hotels
- Group travel insurance NST 24hr emergency contact service whilst on tour
- A visit to Delphi and the Acropolis where we will visit the Acropolis museum and the Parthenon Temple. There will also be a guided walk in the footsteps of Socrates and we also propose to visit Olympia as well.
- The students will also have the opportunity to immerse themselves in modern Greek culture through the planned evening activities, these include bowling, a visit to the Allou fun park and going to see a classic film at the open air cinema.
In addition to the tour cost, we recommend that your child takes £50 for lunches, plus spending money for personal expenses such as snacks, drinks and any gifts they may choose to buy during the trip. They will also require a current passport and EHIC card, and any visas that may be required by non EU nationals must be obtained in good time to travel.
The trip is being booked through NST Travel, the UK's leading educational travel company for schools with more than 45 years’ experience. They will work closely with us during the whole tour planning process to ensure that your child will get the very best learning experience whilst away.