The students are guided through the university application process by their tutor and the Sixth Form pastoral team. The following resources can provide you with guidance on choosing a course, student finance and how to fill out the form.
Key dates for 2021 entry
Fri 5th June 2020
|All students register with Unifrog and log onto UCAS.com||
Weds 1st July 2020
Personal statement 1st draft to be uploaded to Unifrog
|Fortnight beginning 6th July 2020||
Individual review and one-on-one support for Personal Statements
|Weds 30th September 2020||All Oxbridge, vet and medicine applications to be submitted to Mrs J Corp||INTERNAL|
|Thurs 15th October 2020||Oxbridge, vet and medicine applications must be submitted||EXTERNAL|
|Weds 21st October 2020||All remaining students to submit their UCAS forms to their tutors – TO BE REVIEWED, DEPENDING ON COVID-19 IMPACT ON RETURNING TO SCHOOL||INTERNAL|
|Fri 15th January 2021||UCAS final deadline||EXTERNAL|
How to apply
The TWGSB UCAS How to Apply Guide for 2021 – ALL TWGSB students should use this step-by-step guide to filling in the form online in order to prevent making mistakes that may delay their application.
- www.ucas.com – needed to actually apply to university and useful for course searches
- www.unifrog.org – one-stop shop for everything to do with UCAS and apprenticeship applications
- http://university.which.co.uk – advice on choosing courses/comparing courses and universities
- www.discoveruni.gov.uk – allows you to search and compare data/student satisfaction/costs etc. of different universities
- www.opendays.com – full calendar of all of the open days and webinars. Even though these are online you still need to sign up for many of them
- League tables linked with broadsheets The Times, The Guardian and The Independent
- The Heap Guide – available in the Sixth Form Library (lists every university course and where you can study it, ranked by entry requirements). The book also offers guidance on what should be in your personal statement
- Example personal statement packs held in the form base with each tutor.