The students are guided through the university application process by their tutor and the Sixth Form pastoral team. The following resources can provide you with guidance on choosing a course, student finance and how to fill out the form.
|Date||Action||Internal/ external deadline|
|Week beginning 15th July 2019||Begin setting up application online (if not already started), plus mock interviews and personal statement review||INTERNAL|
|Mon 30th September 2019||All Oxbridge, vet and medicine applications to be submitted to Mrs J Corp||INTERNAL|
|Tues 15th October 2019||Oxbridge, vet and medicine applications must be submitted||EXTERNAL|
|Wed 16th October 2019||All remaining students to submit their UCAS forms to their tutors||INTERNAL|
|Wed 15th January 2020||UCAS final deadline||EXTERNAL|
The Key Information Set (KIS)
KIS contains information that students and careers advisers have said they want to know about, such as student satisfaction, graduate employability, tuition fees and finance, accommodation and lots more.
The KIS will help students thinking of entering higher education to make informed decisions about what and where to study. Click here.
Choosing a course and a university – Some very useful resources to help you to narrow down your options and to find the best university for your chosen course.
Open days – How to find out about them and what to look for when you are there.
The TWGSB Guide to University Courses and Personal Statements – Lots of advice on the application process, writing a personal statement (even if you don’t yet know what course you wish to study), admissions tests and choosing a course.
The TWGSB Guide to registering with UCAS online for 2020 – ALL students here should use this step-by-step guide to filling in the form online in order to prevent making mistakes that may delay their application.
What happens post application and how to reply to offers – A PowerPoint that you will be shown in Year 13 during an assembly that shows you how and when to reply to your offers.
- http://university.which.co.uk (Advice on choosing courses/comparing courses and universities)
- www.unistats.co.uk (Allows you to search and compare data/student satisfaction/costs of different universities)
- www.sacu.com – FREE careers/course guidance – highly recommended for comparing courses
- www.push.co.uk (An independent description of the facilities of campuses)
- League tables linked with broadsheets The Times, The Guardian and The Independent
- The Heap Guide – available in the Sixth Form Library (lists all university courses and their entry requirements)
- Example personal statement packs held in the form base with each tutor