Other Years' Admissions
Admissions information for entry to Years 8−10 and mid-year entry to Year 7
If your child is already at a secondary school and you want to move them to TWGSB, you need to apply. This is called an in-year admission.
There is no guarantee that we will be able to offer your child a place. You should not remove your child from their current school before you have an offer of a place here or at another school.
Please follow the link below where you will find further information and an application form. We look forward to hearing from you.
As we are a selective school, we will invite applicants in for testing. This consists of a CAT (cognitive ability test); your child's performance in these tests should indicate that he is among the most able 25% of his age group. While the school is happy to offer this test, reaching the appropriate standard does not ensure a place.
The school should offer you a place within ten days if:
- We have all the information we need
- We have a place available
- Your child meets the entry requirements
- No other child has a higher priority for the place.
If your child is not offered a place you can do the following:
- call 03000 41 21 21 (9am to 2pm and 4pm to 5pm Monday to Friday) or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out which other schools have places available.
- join the school's waiting list
- make an appeal.
Parents have the right to appeal against an admissions decision and, to make such an appeal, parents should contact: Appeals Panel Administration, Legal and Democratic Services, Sessions House, Maidstone ME14 1XQ. The school reserves the right to oppose any appeal that requires it to accept more than 210 pupils in a year group.