Year 10 History Students to Berlin
This trip is open to Year 10 students who have opted for GCSE History and many of the sites we will be visiting will be directly relevant to two of the modules that students study in KS4. We will be focusing on sites and museums that shed light on the rise and fall of the Nazi Party as well as the tension that gripped the city during the Cold War.
The proposed itinerary includes:
- Brandenburg Gate
- Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe
- Fuhrer Bunker
- Topography of Terror Museum.
- German Historical Museum
- Bebelplatz (Site of Nazi book burning)
- Neue Wache (Memorial to the victims of fascism)
- Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp
- Olympic Stadium
- The Berlin Wall
- The Stasi Prison
- DDR Museum
- Checkpoint Charlie
- Glienicke Bridge (Famous from Bridge of Spies)
- Blochplatz and Pankstrasse Nuclear Shelters
In the evening we will be organising activities for the students including a visit to the Reichstag and bowling.
For further details, please refer to your parentmails or contact the school office (email@example.com)