The 'decorated cake' competition
There has been so much home baking going on while our school has been closed. I've been privileged to see pictures of our students' wonderful creations. Please keep sending them.
The fourth Inter-house bake-off challenge was to make a decorated cake. The top four entries received 4 house-points each.
- George Newman (10E) Overall winner for his grandma’s favourite fruit cake with homemade pistachio marzipan.
- Daniel Leppard (8D) for his amazing rich chocolate cake topped with Maltesers and Twirls.
- Daniel Claydon (10A) for the beautiful cake, topped with handmade icing flowers for his Grandad.
- Ewan Horne (8A) for his pistachio and red velvet cake topped with freeze-dried raspberries.
- Morgan Green (8F) for the Horlicks, chocolate, and Maltesers cake he made for his Grandmother.
In the photos below you will enjoy seeing some of the great entries who received 2 house-points each.
Emma Colville, Sam Chard, Sam Keenor, Louis Gallier, Ravi Chadha, Arthur Moon, Charlie Stoney, Henry Wood, Harry Handcock, George Hancock, Adam Hall, Ryan Sawyer, Archie Clapshoe, Henry Thomas, Tom Hubbard and Dylan Gallier and William Thorp.
Lovely to see a great cake from a sixth former, Emma Colville, and an amazing book cake from a member of staff, Lindsay Marden, whose son is part of our 'Class of 2020 Leavers'.
- All Articles