Breakfast is available before school, and there are two breaks: 11:10–11:50 and 12:50–13:30. There are different food options available in the three serving areas. Students have access to the different locations on a rota.
Hot food choices include two main meals (home cooked) including one vegetarian meal, and jacket potatoes with many choices of fillings. In addition, we serve street food in pots, sandwiches and hot paninis, fresh fruit, cakes and cookies. Click for the breakfast tariff and the lunch tariff.
Click for the 2021/22 Term 1 Secondary Schools menu from Independent Catering.
Free school meals
All students are given sQuid fobs on joining TWGSB. All the fobs look the same and work in the same way, whether the student is receiving a free meal or is paying. The only difference is that your son will have his account set up to allow him to get a meal without you needing to put money into the account.
If you think you might be eligible for free school meals (FSM), you can check your eligibility for FSM and make an application by following this link: https://www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/kent/
Your child may be eligible for free school meals if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
Click for Free School Meals FAQs