PTA Newsletter - May 2019
Online Auction – June
We are setting up an online silent auction to invite bids for the fantastic auction prizes that have very kindly been donated. An email will be coming out shortly with details about the auction and how to bid for the items. The money raised from the auction will go to support our children and the school so please keep an eye on your inboxes.
The Summer Raffle
Tickets for the raffle should have come home with your child at the end of the Easter Term – if you haven’t received them, please ask them to delve in their school bags, or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange for more tickets to be sent to you.
There are fabulous prizes to be won including:
- 1st prize – £250 cash
- 2nd prize – Fitbit Charge 3
- 3rd prize – champagne afternoon tea for two at The Ivy, Tunbridge Wells
The deadline for entries is 4th July and the draw will take place on Friday 5th July. Be in it to win it!
Dates for your Diary
- Online Auction – June
- 17th June 2019 PTA meeting – 7.30pm in the Library at School – all welcome
- Summer Raffle – deadline for ticket returns is 4th July
Your PTA Needs You
We need volunteers for the following fundraising events. If you are available and able to come along to help, please email us at email@example.com as without your support we won’t be able to do these:
- Battle of the Bands – help with selling refreshments – Tuesday 25th June, 16:15–18:30 at the school.
- Sports Day – help with selling refreshments – Friday 5th July and Wednesday 17th July in the afternoon, at school.
- Dragon Boat Race – we are hoping to enter a team into the annual charity Dragon Boat Race at Bewl Water, which takes place on 7th September. Our last team raised over £4000 for the school and we want to smash that this year! Funds raised will go towards kit for the new sports hall. If you fancy flexing your muscles, splashing around and generally having a great laugh in support of a good cause, then please take a look at www.bewlwater.co.uk/whats-on/annual-dragon-boat-festival/ where you can find out more about the event. If you would like to take part then please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
If you have any items of uniform that no longer fit your son and are in saleable condition, please consider donating them to the PTA, so that we can sell them to raise funds for the school. We would like to receive any of the following: blazers; ties; PE kit. Clean items can be dropped off in a bag at the school office.
Don’t forget, if you need replacement kit, you can now email in requests for secondhand uniform to email@example.com . If we have the item in stock we will confirm its price and leave it in a named bag at the office on a Friday, where you or your child will be able to pick it up on payment. We will of course continue to sell secondhand uniform at all our main events.
If you have any queries, please contact us:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: twgsb pta
The PTA is a registered charity, number 1027114