PTA Newsletter – March 2020
The autumn term was the busiest in the PTA calendar and saw us running many events, the biggest of which was the Christmas Fair. This alone raised over £10,500 – a huge thank you to everyone who came along to support it.
We have had a brief lull in activities during the grey winter months, but it’s now onwards and upwards with our next events. The money that we raise helps enhance our children’s education – see further down this newsletter for more information on what we have been able to fund at the school thanks to your generosity and support.
Tickets on sale now for our new Bingo evening on Friday 27th March. The event will be held at school, with doors open at 7pm and tables of up to 10. Whether you are Young and Keen, Dirty Gertie, Stuck in the Tree or Top of the Shop – it’s a family evening and all ages welcome! There will be a fish and chip supper included in the ticket price, and cash bar on the night. Come along and try your hand with Lady Luck at what promises to be a fab evening.
The summer raffle
Tickets for the summer raffle will be coming back with the students before Easter – please remind them to give to you! The raffle will be drawn at the end of the summer term.
Any donations for raffle prizes gratefully received from local businesses or services – please email us at email@example.com if you would like to help with this.
Dates for your diary
- 27th March – Bingo Evening – Main hall at school, doors open 7pm. Ticket price includes fish and chip supper – £15 for adults and £10 for children and on sale NOW at https://www.pta-events.co.uk/twgsbpta
- Late March – Raffle Tickets – tickets coming home with students before Easter.
Where your money goes
The PTA has been able to allocate over £21,000 this year in response to funding requests from Heads of Department and the school. The money that you have raised through your subscriptions, donations and ticket purchases to our events has allowed us to pay for the following:
- Science – 15 new microscopes; Oxford Activate Student and Teacher handbooks
- English – access to online exampro resource
- Maths – new visualisers for three classrooms
- MFL – Zig Zag resources for French and Spanish; one year subscription to Quizlet
- Music – 10 Yamaha Piaggero digital keyboards
- Media – GCSE text books
- PE – netball equipment
- New Sports Hall – steelwork to facilitate additional cricket practice nets.
None of this would be possible without your support, so a huge thank you for the help you give to enhance our children’s education.
If you need replacement kit, you can email in requests for second-hand uniform to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have the item in stock we will confirm its price and leave it in a named bag with Student Services on a Friday, where you or your child will be able to pick it up on payment.
With all best wishes,
Chair, TWGSB PTA
If you have any queries, please contact us:
The PTA is a registered charity, number 1027114