Year 10 History Trip to Berlin (Activities Week)
Every year the History Department organises a four-day trip to Berlin. This trip is open to Year 10 students who have opted for GCSE History and many of the sites we visit are directly relevant to two of the modules that students study in KS4. We focus on sites and museums that shed light on the rise and fall of the Nazi Party as well as the tension that gripped the city during the Cold War.
The travel company we use is Anglia Tours. Please see the following link –
The proposed itinerary includes:
- Brandenburg Gate
- Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe
- Fuhrer Bunker
- Topography of Terror Museum.
- German Historical Museum
- Bebelplatz (Site of Nazi book burning)
- Neue Wache (Memorial to the victims of fascism)
- Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp
- Olympic Stadium
- The Berlin Wall
- The Stasi Prison
- DDR Museum
- Checkpoint Charlie
- Glienicke Bridge (Famous from Bridge of Spies)
- Blochplatz and Pankstrasse Nuclear Shelters
In the evening organise activities for the students including a visit to the Reichstag and bowling.
The price of the trip is about £650.00 (2018–19) although this can vary slightly due to the changing cost of flights.