We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, talented and committed teacher of Modern Languages. The position will start in September and is initially for the two autumn terms although a permanent position is a possibility. The successful candidate will be required to teach French and Spanish. Working within a successful, flourishing and supportive department, you will have excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills; the ability to raise attainment through motivating and inspiring students; a passion for teaching and the capacity to reflect on and develop your teaching skills. All students take a language GCSEs from French and Spanish, with increasing numbers opting to do both. Another measure of the growing strength of languages in the school is the strong take up of MFLs at KS5.
The successful candidate will have:
• Qualified Teacher Status.
• The ability to teach French to at least KS4 and to teach Spanish at KS3.
• The capacity to motivate pupils and raise attainment.
• A passion for languages and the ability to impart this to students.
• The desire to work hard and collaboratively as part of a team.
• Resourcefulness and a flexibility of approach.
• A willingness to participate in trips and extra-curricular activities.
As course textbooks, we use Tricolore for French and Listos for Spanish.
We currently use OCR as our GCSE exam board and WJEC for A Level.
If you feel you have the drive, energy and ambition to contribute to the future development and success of our MFL department and the school, please feel welcome to apply. The post is suitable for either an experienced teacher or for someone who is relatively new to the profession.
Enhanced DBS Disclosure required.