Year 10 History Students to Berlin (Activities Week)
This year the History Department will be organising a four-day trip to Berlin from Monday 9th July to Thursday 12th July. This trip will be open to Year 10 students who have opted for GCSE History and many of the sites we will be visiting will be directly relevant to two of the modules that students will study in KS4. We will be focusing on sites and museums that shed light on the rise and fall of the Nazi Party as well as the tension that gripped the city during the Cold War.
The travel company we will be using is Anglia Tours. Please see the following link –
The proposed itinerary includes:
- Brandenburg Gate
- Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe
- Fuhrer Bunker
- Topography of Terror Museum.
- German Historical Museum
- Bebelplatz (Site of Nazi book burning)
- Neue Wache (Memorial to the victims of fascism)
- Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp
- Olympic Stadium
- The Berlin Wall
- The Stasi Prison
- DDR Museum
- Checkpoint Charlie
- Glienicke Bridge (Famous from Bridge of Spies)
- Blochplatz and Pankstrasse Nuclear Shelters
In the evening we will be organising activities for the students including a visit to the Reichstag and bowling.
The price of the trip will be £550.00 although this could vary slightly due to the changing cost of flights.